Sunday, April 01, 2007
Flash your Stash 2007
I was fairly new to the whole online knitting world during last year's Flash Your Stash, so I only observed and didn't participate. Besides, my stash wasn't that impressive then. These days, although I won't be winning any awards for stash size, despite what my husband thinks, it is a respectable collection.

I tried to think of something imaginative to do with my stash, but I was pressed for time and not feeling very creative. I did, however, label the whole stash on Flickr if you want to know what something is! If you click through to this first photo, everything has a note on it.

Flash your Stash (with notes!)

Is it a bad sign when it's actually not as much as you were expecting?

IMG_0168

I had to go shower so I could go have a pedicure with Erin, but once Jamie got over the horror (actually, he mostly just rolled his eyes), he took over the photography. Here are some gratuitiously artsy shots!

IMG_0147

IMG_0149

IMG_0150

(Why yes, our new camera does have a super macro setting!)

IMG_0151

IMG_0152

IMG_0153

IMG_0157

IMG_0157

And just for the sake of full disclosure, here's the tub o' acrylic. I didn't unpack it because it isn't very decorative, but I did take a few quick photos.

IMG_0174

So there you go. My stash. Hey, it's not like I'm collecting decorative plates, here. It's useful! And won't you all be sorry when there's a month long power cut from a huge snowstorm and you don't have a yarn fort to keep you warm?

Labels:

9 Comments:
Blogger sgeddes said...
Looks like you've built yourself a might fine stash!

Blogger cpurl17 said...
Wow! Woman, at this rate, you'll be reaching SABLE status by next year!

Blogger Zonda said...
Awesome yarn! Love the colors! It's been fun seeing everyones!

Oh, I had wondered if Cpurl had noticed your Gryfindor yarn! We both tried to get some this week for her!

Blogger knitty_kat said...
cpurl17, are you sure this isn't already SABLE? Dear gourd I don't think I could knit all this in a life time (I certainly would enjoy rolling around in it though).

Very nice!

Blogger aija said...
Wow... and the yellow just jumps off of the screen!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh my, that's quite the very attractive stash you have there.

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm so gonna use the "decorative plates" line!! awesome!

Blogger Michelle said...
I'll have my own nice cozy yarn fort, even if it is mostly acrylic.

And if there wasn't as much as you expected, that just means you need to buy more yarn!

Blogger Theresa said...
Whoo! STASH!!