Thursday, March 22, 2007
Mmm, yarny.
Mmm, yarn. At my Stitch n Bitch last week, someone mentioned that the yarn store in one of the nearby suburbs was changing over to an online only store, and were having a closing sale. I'd only been there once before, but it was a nice enough store, although their pattern selection was ridiculously out of date. Still, a yarn sale is incentive enough for a 20 minute drive, and since I had a free Friday afternoon, I headed out to check things out.

It wasn't actually quite as epic a sale as I'd hoped, but I still picked up a few things that I haven't seen in many other stores around here, since everything was at least 10% off.

I picked up two bags of Mission Falls Wool, which I like for baby stuff. I got a nice turquoisey colour

IMG_7654

And kind of a burgundy-ish red that was really hard to photograph well. It isn't this pink, I swear.

IMG_7651

(If you're really interested, click through the pictures to my flickr account, where you can see closeups. Flickr is sucking tonight, though, so in the interests of posting EVER, I'm not going to put them here.)

I also picked up 7 skeins of Briggs and Little in a nice bright blue. I thought about using this yarn for my Rogue and then ended up with the Bartlett, but I might make a cardigan or something with this. Possibly a sweater for my mother-in-law. It was definitely a good deal!

IMG_7645

But the really good yarn I got last week is this.

IMG_7658

That's Handmaiden Lady Godiva and it is absolutely glorious. Karen and Paul gave me a LYS gift certificate for my birthday (to which I say: woo!) and I decided that allowed me to justify the purchase of this kind of expensive but unbelieveably gorgeous yarn.

IMG_7663

Oh, man, it is nice.

IMG_7664

I have no idea what to make with it. I have two skeins. Suggestions welcome.

In other knitting news, Rogue is knit. It is not seamed, but it is knit. I am having a few logistical issues with the drying process, but soon! I'm hoping it'll be dry by tomorrow so I can have photos for the Sweater a Month KAL update. Plus I want to wear it to Stitch n Bitch on Monday. Pictures to follow. Upon finishing it, I immediately began to work on Mountain Peaks, which is coming along really well. I finished the first repeat of chart one and have started in on the second. (Of three.) So far, so good! (Knock on wood.)

Batteries in the camera died, so hopefully more pictures will follow next post.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
holy crap, that yarn is awesome! Can't wait to see the Rogue at the SNB on monday--I'll definitely be asking you for tips to make mine (since I finally bit the bullet and got the yarn for it...)

Blogger Karen said...
I'm glad you got such pretty yarn with our gift cert!

Blogger Zonda said...
Ohh! that Lady Godiva is gorgeous! Happy knitting with that! As for the rest...great colors! :)

Blogger prairiegirl said...
Your rogue looks great by the way! I love cable-y sweaters!

Oh, and I love the yarn! The godiva is so yummy looking.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Nice haul!!!
-Your SP