Look! It's a Meme AND a contest, both firsts on Monkey Pants and Hippo Dignity. I got tagged last week by The Lone Knitter
, and I have to admit, I wasn't really planning to do the meme. I'm not wild about them, generally, and I'm also really lazy.
However, I'm coming up on a Monkey Pants and Hippo Dignity Milestone: my 100th post! (Here, anyway. I have archives over at diaryland.) So I decided to have a contest. I contemplated various options for this contest, but eventually decided to incorporate it into the meme.
So, first of all, the meme. Six weird things about me. Well, there are definitely more than six weird things about me, but here are the six I came up with for myself.
1. I bought Harry Potter 6 on my wedding day. In my wedding dress. I have photos!
2. I hate having my legs touching when I'm sleeping. I fold the blankets in between so that doesn't happen. This is why I hate sleeping bags.
3. I like tomato sauce, ketchup on some things, and pizza sauce. I hate tomatoes. It's the texture - bleah! (I have a lot of weird texture issues with food. Do not get me started on mushrooms.)
4. I have the smallest toenail on my little toe that I've ever seen. I can barely get nail polish on it.
5. I didn't change my name when I got married even though I'd always thought I would. (I don't think that's weird, but enough people find it weird that I figured I'd mention it.)
6. I have almost no patience for most things in life, but endless patience for knitting. I don't think this is weird, but it freaks Jamie out. He doesn't understand how I get impatient after two minutes of waiting in a line or whatever, but can spend three hours untangling a skein of yarn or frogging three days worth of knitting. The only other thing I have any patience for is babies. Otherwise I am a terribly impatient person. Conveniently, knitting helps with the other things as well - waiting isn't as bad when I have knitting.
And now, the contest! This is my 98th post. What you have to do to enter is come up with something about me that you think is weird, based on having read my blog. (Don't worry, you are very unlikely to offend me based on what I've written about in my blog. I even have a shirt that says "Easy to annoy, hard to offend" that Karen and Paul made for me. I tend not to write about the things that you could offend me by calling weird.) It can be a knitting-related weirdness or not. Those of you who know me in real life can use a non-blog-related weirdness as long as you are confident that it's something I don't mind the internet knowing about.
I'll pick my favourite six weird things and post them in my 100th entry. Then I will draw a name from those six finalists, and that person will win!
What's the prize, you ask? Yarn, of course. I have three colourways of Lorna's Laces Shephard Sock, and you can choose one of them! (Two skeins.) (If you don't knit socks, we can talk about a substitute. If you don't knit at all, I can't imagine why you'd be reading this anymore if you don't know me in real life, so I'll buy you a drink or an ice cream or something.) I don't have a photo of the colourways on me right now, but I'll post them along with the finalists.
To enter, just leave a comment. Make sure there's an email address that I can reach you at (or use a name that makes it very clear that I know you in real life and know how to get ahold of you), and tell me something you think is weird about me.
Make sense? Let's hear it, folks. What's so weird about me?