Monday, February 26, 2007
Oh, baby!
First and foremost, thank you for your kind comments and emails about my friend's baby. I am happy to report he is doing very well and is now at home. He is also possibly the cutest baby I've ever seen. Definitely the cutest newborn. He is so, so cute. It's just ridiculous. Once he puts on that outfit Mum made, we're all going to die of the cute.

Speaking of which, thank you also for the kind comments on her outfit. She was quite impressed and I think briefly liked the idea of having a knitting blog before deciding she'd have nothing to say. (I think she finds knitting blogs a little weird.) Still, maybe when she retires I can convince her. Until then, I'll just feature her outfits here.

Anyway, after her spectacular outfit I feel like my present for the baby was a bit lame, but at least my photos have one up on hers - they have the baby in them! Now, don't say I didn't warn you. This baby is seriously, seriously cute. Here, I'll show you the blanket by itself first, because once the baby's there you won't be looking at it anyway.

IMG_7549

IMG_7552

Log Cabin, using Trillian's pick up reducing technique. Knit in Knit Picks Crayon on size six needles (uh, I think), using three full balls of each colour plus about a quarter of a second ball of each. Not much yarn at all - I now have a ton of leftovers. But that's fine, because this is great baby yarn.

As previously mentioned, this blanket was knit in the colours of the Zimbabwean flag. My friends were very impressed with this and both of them (the parents, I mean - the baby didn't really care) really liked the blanket.

Are you ready for this? You've been warned. The only problem with these photos is that he's wearing a hat, so you can't see his insanely adorable curly hair. I swear, it is like a little fluffy kitten, it's so soft. SO CUTE. (I don't have any pictures of him awake, because the whole time he was awake while I was there I was holding him, and I wasn't going to waste precious baby snuggling time to take photos.)

IMG_7553

IMG_7557

As you can see by his little hand in that second picture (if you haven't died from the cute), it's open and about to grab the blanket. By the time I left, his little hand was clutching onto his blankie while he slept. I'm telling you, cutest baby ever.

And no, I'm not having any of my own any time soon. But when he fell asleep in my arms and was making little snurfling noises? There was a brief temptation. But then I remembered that I wouldn't have any time to knit if I had a baby and came to my senses.

Still, the snurfling was pretty cute.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Cutie!

I get that, I want a baby (not right now) but then I remember that I'm really not willing to give up all the knittin' time

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What a sweetie! I'm so happy he's home. You did a fantastic job on the blanket! I'm not willing to give up knitting time either. ;)
-Your knittyboard SP

Blogger Carol said...
What a cute baby! And what a lovely blanket! I love the bold colors. The baby and parents are lucky to have a friend like you.