Sunday, December 31, 2006
New Year
I may never be able to post another photo. Jamie's computer conveniently has a port on the front for the camera's flash card, so I always use his for uploading pictures. And unfortunately, we haven't gotten our networking to work properly yet (don't even get me started or my head might explode), so I can't even get to the pictures that are on the computer but not online.

So what's the problem, you ask?

I gave Jamie World of Warcraft for Christmas. It's a good thing I have many delightful hobbies of my own, since I'm fairly sure I'm never going to lay eyes on my husband again.

And so here we are at the end of the year. The last few days have been pretty uneventful - mostly just working, with a brief visit from Jana to spice things up a little. I'm fairly sure that I saw Jana more in 2006 than I have in any other year since she moved away from Edmonton. This is a very good thing that we're hoping to continue into 2007.

As for resolutions, they aren't anything epic this year. I'm hoping to get back into updating my book log, because I really miss having that record. I plan to knit for myself more, something I've already started with a hat and most of a pair of mittens already done, another hat (in glorios Manos) already started, and the yarn ordered and pattern purchased for my very own Rogue. There are a lot of babies to knit for, but that's ok. Babies deserve hand knit items. I've now knit something for most of my friends and family (with a few exceptions), so I don't feel quite so compelled to only knit for others. That does not mean, however, that I will only knit for myself. Because I do really like to give knitted gifts.

I also want to write more this year outside NaNoWriMo and Holidailies. Although this was my highest output year ever for NaNo, and for the first time ever I've actually done all 31 days of Holidailies (woohoo!), it's not really very structured writing. I know I can do better than I have been doing, and I really have no excuse not to.

So, 2007, bring it on. Happy New Year, everyone!