Sunday, December 10, 2006
Lame but productive!
Man. I was just talking to my sister on MSN and realised that in the last 24 hours, all I have done is eat, sleep, watch Dawson's Creek, and knit.

That is possibly the lamest weekend in the history of the universe.

Fortunately, I'm going out tonight which may redeem me somewhat, and I have big exciting plans to watch Amazing Race when I get home, which isn't exactly going to win any coolness awards, but at least it's better than Dawson's Creek. And I have gotten a ton of knitting done! By the end of the evening I should have the leg of my second Pomatomus finished (those of you who are knitters are probably familiar with that pattern, those of you who aren't knitters probably don't care, and those of you who actually know me in real life should not google that because it's a present for one of you!), and considering I cast it on yesterday at about this time, I think that's pretty damn good.

Tomorrow is two weeks to Christmas. I don't have too many days off between now and then, but I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, I can get this ridiculous list actually finished. Here's hoping, anyway.

That said, memo to self: next year, choose something a little less time consuming for mass production than socks. Maybe nice wrist warmers or something. Because this is ridiculous - with the exception of a Gryffindor tie for my Halloween costume, I haven't knit anything that wasn't a Christmas present since August. I want to knit something for myself!

Of course, there are now FIVE babies due in the first six months of next year, so it looks like it'll be all baby stuff, all the time. Five! That's crazy. And I'll just recover from that and maybe have time to knit myself a hat or something and it'll be Christmas all over again. Good thing I like knitting for other people.