Sunday, December 17, 2006
The circle of life.
Late. Sleepy.

Why is it that I can stay home and stay up half the night knitting and watching TV and not feel like I'm going to die of exhaustion, but the minute I stay out until nearly 3 I may keel over any minute. I suspect I'm out of practice. I drove home down the party strip in Edmonton, and there were dozens of scantily clad girls trying to hail cabs and looking freezing, and it seems like a long time ago that that was my life. (Not that I was ever scantily clad in December. I was rarely scantily clad in the summer, although I did occasionally rise to a skirt. However, girl in fishnets and mini-skirt? You're dumb. It's cold! We live in Alberta! It's December! At least put a pair of freaking tights on.)

Anyway, instead of being out all night drinking, we were out all night playing video games. Oh dear, we've become lame. It kind of cracks me up, actually, that from the age of about 14 to 17 or so (when I started university), activities with friends tended to be renting movies, watching tv, playing games, whatever. But mostly staying in. Then, there was a five year flurry of going out every weekend, drinking and dancing and picking up guys and staying out until all hours. We'd survive on four hours of sleep on a regular basis which I totally can't do any more. And now, we're back to staying in most nights, playing games and hanging out and watching movies. (Although I guess we were technically out tonight, as work let me use our program room for Karen's birthday party.) It's all a giant cycle, I guess. Circle of life, blah blah blah.

Still, we generally have better food now, and can go home whenever we want because our parents aren't picking us up, and hey, back when I was in high school we didn't have Guitar Hero! Which is ridiculously fun, and my husband is alarmingly good at it. It is a close runner up for best game ever, but that honour still goes to Rayman's Raving Rabbids for the Wii, which is the most hilarious and insanely fun game I've ever played in my life.

DAAAAAAAAAAH. I'm going to bed.