Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Live thrilling sock action!
So it's 2:22am, and I am up as usual, knitting. I'm knitting a little bit more frantically than usual, though. Why, you ask? A deadline? A baby impending or something else exciting? Surely my reasoning must be thrilling, right?

Yeah. I'm trying to finish this sock so I can have the needle to take a different sock to Klondike Days/Capital Ex/Whatever the hell it is and I wish they'd stop renaming things in this city. (I'm looking at you, Space Science Odyssium Telus World Of Oh my GOD just pick something.) You see, we bought ride-all-day passes to go to the midway tomorrow (whee!) (and also, gack, those bastards are expensive, but buying in advance is $14 cheaper so that makes it a little easier to swallow.), and I'm too far along in this sock to bring it. We are sure to be waiting in a lot of lines and I don't want to run out of sock halfway through the day. However, I also don't want to bring more than one sock - that's just plain silly. (Secretly I wouldn't care but Jamie would mock me plus I am only taking my smallish purse.) But next on my agenda is finishing my long-suffering sister's Gryffindor socks, and those will require the needle that's currently in my Sock Garden socks once I reach the heel.

(Yes, I'm using a different sized needle for the leg and the foot. Because I'm anal.)

Anyway, I'm zipping through the toe decreases and I've only got...oh, lordy. 24 rows to go? And we're heading for the midway at noon and I kind of wanted to get up early enough to try to catch some Sunshine Yarns tomorrow, and now it's 2:28 and I'm not even knitting, I'm updating my blog. And now that I took a break to knit a few rounds, I almost sneezed my stitch marker off my needle. Wouldn't that have been embarrassing? (By the way, it is a delightful stitch marker from my totally fantastic Knitty Secret Pal. Thanks, Pal!)

I would post pictures, but our stupid camera is in the shop. There will be pictures soon, don't worry - I've got a lot of backlog (backblog?) to get through. But the pictures are (say it with me now) on Jamie's computer. Some of you may be wondering why I don't just blog on his computer if he's got the photos. His computer is also significantly newer, faster, nicer, and has a space bar. (Don't ask.) But my computer is a laptop, and it lives by the super cushy comfortable recliner. Reason enough for me, thank you very much. I love this chair. But right now, I really just want to finish these freaking socks. But now I've only got 12 rows to go. That's not so bad, right? It's only 2:59am. I can still get 7 hours of sleep, and I'm sure I'll be hopped up on sugar and caffeine tomorrow anyway. (Mmm, mini donuts.)

And now it's 3:21, and I'm done. Except for the kitchener, which I am really bad for putting off. Still, the one good thing that came from the Great Blanket Disaster of '06 was that having to repair it with over 100 kitchener stitches means that I can now do it without the instructions. And so, knowing that I'll drag myself out of bed at the last possible moment tomorrow morning, I whip through the grafting. My Addis are free, my socks are finished, and I'm ready for the Midway tomorrow.

I'm also ready for bed. 3:32am. I'm totally going to get heckled if Jamie reads this.
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm so glad that you are using them! I hope that they help you with many projects.