Thursday, December 01, 2005
And then there's a big coup at the zoo.
As is typical of the first of December, I'm bored and disgruntled. Sure, I could write a few thousand words, but why? This is why I do Holidailies every year - it gives me something to do after the madness of NaNoWriMo. Plus I like actually having one month a year where I have an actual chronicle of what the hell I've been doing, since lately I've been the world's crappiest updater.

Anyway. Hi. Welcome to my new blog. I kind of hate the word blog so I will probably continue to call it a journal anyway. My previous Internet home was over on diaryland, as linked in my sidebar there, but I decided that three and a half years was enough, and I was ready for a change. I got really bogged down with the wedding entries, which are still languishing unfinished on my hard drive. I figured that getting married was a good ending place for that journal - in a lot of ways it's a chronicle of my relationship with Jamie, so it seems reasonable to start a new journal with the different relationship we have now.

Or something. Really, I just have a limited attention span and I got bored. It's not a very interesting reason for moving, but sometimes you need a little excitement in your life. Plus, this gives me an excuse to have a vastly superior journal name. For those of you not familiar with the wonders of Buffy, you probably think this is the most random journal name ever, but it's a reference to one of my favourite Oz lines. (Oz is in my top three favourite television characters of all time list, possibly only topped by Wash of Firefly.)

So I shall leave you with that exchange:

O: Oh look! Monkey. And he has a little hat…and little pants.
W: Yeah, I see.
O: The monkey’s the only cookie animal that gets to wears clothes. You know that? … You have the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen.
O: So I’m wondering, do the other cookie animals feel sorta ripped? Like is the hippo going, “Hey, man. Where are my pants? I have my hippo dignity.” And you know the monkey’s just, “I mock you with my monkey pants!” And then there’s a big coup in the zoo.
W: The monkey is French?
O: All monkeys are French. You didn’t know that?
W: No.